Wire & Plastic Machinery has reconditioned thousands of braiders from Wardwell and Spirka. We adhere to a very strict rebuilding criteria and ensure our rebuilt braiders will meet manufacturer specifications.
- The braider is completely disassembled, and cleaned in our modern steam cleaning facility that utilized environmentally safe cleaning agents
- All worn shafting is replaced with new as require
- All castings and bushings are inspected for wear or fracture
- All castings are painted to customer specified color
- Track plates are inspected and gauged to be within acceptable OEM tolerances within the upper carrier slot
- Driver plates are inspected and gauged for driver pin slot, and ball retainer ring wear to within OEM tolerances
- Driver bearings are inspected for wear and refurbished with bronze bushings as required
- New driving pinion gear is installed to reduce upper carrier and lower carrier backlash
- Drive shafts are inspected for wear and replaced as required
- Clutches and driving pulleys are gauged to OEM specifications and replaced as required
- Stop levers, stop plungers, bushings, and plunger springs are inspected and replaced with new as required
- Brake rings are inspected and replaced as required
- Deflectors are gauged for distortion and repaired as necessary.
- All units are carefully finish-polished to be free of nicks or burrs
- New upper carriers that are custom fit to track and driver plates are installed
- New driver pins are installed along with carriers.
- Driver shoes are inspected and replaced as required within OEM specification
- New upper carrier parts installed include: pawls, pawl pins, sleeves, and tension springs. Ratchets, stop levers, tension levers, thread guides, tension stands, and supply caps are replaced with new as required
- Lower carriers are gauged for distortion and repaired as required
- Spindle bore is gauged and bushed as required
- Lower carrier thread guides are completely refurbished or replaced with new as required
- New lower carrier parts include: pawls, pawl springs, tension springs, sleeves, spindles, spool bearings, and safety pins.
- Ratchets, tension levers, and stop wires are inspected for wear and replaced as required
- Beater stand, bearing, and cover are inspected and replaced as required
- New 1 HP motors, wiring and starters are installed
- Optional A.C. speed control is available.
Click here to browse our selection of braiders.